Alaska is the biggest state in America, and one of the most beautiful, with its snow-capped mountains and stunning landscapes. However, statistics reveal that consumers in Alaska are drowning in credit card debt. Alaska carries more credit card debt than any other state in the nation, according to ValuePenguin.com. The average credit card debt per household in Alaska is $13,048. The average credit card debt in Alaska is 13% more than Wyoming.
Part of the reason why credit card debt is so high in Alaska is due to:
- the high unemployment rate in the state, causing loss of income – leading to consumers needing to use credit cards for everyday purchases (The unemployment rate in the city of Juneau is 4%. The unemployment rate in Anchorage is 4.8%. The unemployment rate in Fairbanks is 5.8%)
- the underutilization of debt relief, settlement, and consolidation programs
- people using credit cards to pay off medical bills
- inflation, leading to a rise in the cost of consumer goods
How to Consolidate Debt in Alaska?
People aren’t aware of how easy it is to consolidate debt in Alaska, but the truth is, it’s really easy if you use a reputable debt relief company.
Debt relief programs are the best solution for consumers who are unemployed and buried in high debt.
- These programs make it possible to reduce unsecured debt by up to 40%.
- You get multiple debt repayment options in Alaska to choose from.
- All debt relief programs in Alaska will also consolidate payments into one affordable payment. Depending on which repayment plan you choose will determine whether or not your creditors get paid on a monthly basis.
- If you lost your job recently, you could pay off your debt in one reduced, lump sum final payment. Debt settlement Alaska plans can lower your total debt by around 30% (including fees)
- A large number of credit card and debt collection companies have been involved in fraud in some way or another, so by using debt validation you could challenge the validity of each debt before paying it (could lead to you only paying a small amount to resolve a large debt)
Without a debt relief or consolidation program, Alaska residents have only one other direction to take. And that’s bankruptcy! Bankruptcy will destroy a person’s financial situation and make it very difficult to recover. The state of Alaska and government don’t offer any government debt relief or consolidation options for credit card debt. There are federal student loan consolidation programs, but nothing for credit card debt.
If you can afford to pay more than the minimum monthly payments, in your case there are additional debt relief options. You can use the debt snowball method to pay off debt, or possibly even a debt consolidation loan.
Talk to an IAPDA certified Alaska debt counselor at (907) 885-6188 and find out the simplest way to get out of debt today!
- A+ Better Business Bureau rated company
- Certified and accredited by the International Association of Professional Debt Arbitrators (IAPDA)
- Trusted Company Reviews ranked Golden Financial Services #1 Debt Relief Company in the Nation
Alaskans can now safely address any unsecured debt; including credit cards, student loans, and debt collection accounts all through Golden Financial Services.
Alaska Debt Relief, Settlement & Debt Consolidation Options:
- Cut credit card balances and monthly payments by 40% with debt settlement
- All debt relief programs in Alaska offer a single monthly payment for all debts
- You can choose how fast you want to become debt free
- Avoid needing a consolidation loan and avoid bankruptcy
- Start off with a FREE debt consultation & check debt reduction eligibility
How do Alaska Debt Relief Programs Affect My Credit Score?
Some downsides come along with most debt relief programs. All debt settlement programs in Alaska have a negative effect, adversely affecting credit scores. If a debt settlement company fails to explain these potential downsides to you, that’s a red light. The bottom line is, if you don’t pay your monthly payments in full every month, your credit score will be adversely affected.
The fact is though, having high debt balances also negatively affects credit. You should speak with a non-profit credit counselor or talk with an IAPDA certified expert at Golden Financial Services.
Looking to reduce your interest rates on credit cards?
You may be a perfect candidate for consumer credit counseling. Alaska residents can call (907) 885-6188:
- We will get you a free credit report and score
- We can help you figure out the easiest way to get out of debt
- We can help you to accomplish your specific financial goals
- We can tailor a program to fit your needs
Consumer credit counseling programs in Alaska have the least adverse effect on credit scores because creditors continue to get paid on a monthly basis. You will pay your entire debt back with consumer credit counseling, just less interest. You can expect to get out of debt in around 4.5 years with consumer credit counseling.
Try Alaska Debt Relief Program Calculator
This debt calculator tool is only providing an estimate of how much a person can save with each debt relief option. There is no guarantee that you will qualify for any of these plans. To check eligibility, you must call in and talk with an IAPDA certified debt expert.
To find out if you qualify for debt relief, Alaska residents can start with a free consultation by calling Toll-Free (866)-376-9846.
During your consultation, you may get a free credit report and find out all of your options to obtain debt relief. (no obligation or pressure involved with getting a free consultation)
What’s the preferred Alaska debt relief program?
Debt Validation – Best Alaska Debt Relief Program
Debt validation is the first choice for Alaska residents. Before paying their alleged debts, debt validation makes sure that the debt collection companies are abiding by the laws.
If a debt is invalidated, the debt may not have to be paid, and the debt comes off your credit!
Debt Settlement Alaska – Choice two
If the debt collection companies are abiding by the laws, debt settlement would be the second best route for Alaska residents.
A debt settlement program may be your fastest route to get out of debt, but it will adversely affect your credit score.
You have to stop the bleeding.
You can always rebuild your credit.
Debt Consolidation Alaska – Choice three
If you want your interest rates reduced, consumer credit counseling and debt consolidation will be your best options for debt relief. AK debt consolidation loans can be obtained at a bank, credit union and even through a balance transfer card.
With debt consolidation and consumer credit counseling, a person stays current on their payments. Keep in mind though, debt consolidation is a loan, and consumer credit counseling is not a loan.
Alaska is a beautiful state, but it’s time for Alaskans to improve their finances!
- Alaska consumers are eligible for a free professional consultation, with no obligation.
- You may be entitled to one new reduced & feasible payment to become debt-free in under 3-years.
- The company was just voted #1 debt relief company in America, by Trusted Company Reviews
- No unresolved BBB complaints and No unresolved Attorney General complaints
Debt relief options can make your life easier, having only one payment to worry about each month. Whether you live in New Mexico, Indiana or here in Alaska, debt settlement, validation, and debt consolidation are all viable options. Depending on what your goals are, your credit score and other factors, will help to determine which plan is best for you. Here at Golden Financial Services, a California based debt relief company, our job is to show you all of your options and help you find the best plan.