Best Alaska Debt Relief Company and Programs Near Me
Are you searching for debt consolidation in Alaska? Debt settlement is another option you may want to consider to settle your debt.
Personal loans can be used to consolidate debt. However, if you’re struggling with monthly payments, you may want to consider debt relief. Alaska residents with over $7,500 in total unsecured debt could qualify for an Alaska debt management plan. These plans include debt relief, settlement, and consolidation programs. Alaska credit counselors can provide you with a free consultation today and help you figure out the best path to take.
Who is Golden Financial Services (GFS) in Alaska?
Welcome to Golden Financial Services, an A+ BBB-rated and IAPDA certified Alaska debt relief company. We can offer you multiple options to help you with your financial situation, including debt validation and debt settlement. Alaska residents can also take advantage of getting a free consultation with an IAPDA certified counselor at (907) 885-6188.
Our job at GFS is to provide financial education to consumers in Alaska. Debt relief programs are then available for consumers to choose from. We don’t charge consumers anything upfront. Instead, our company gets paid by each debt relief company in Alaska. We have pre-negotiated arrangements with these companies, contingent upon them providing (1) optimal performance for clients and (2) discounted rates to enroll through GFS.
Consequently, through GFS, consumers in Alaska can get:
- Enrolled in the best Alaska debt relief programs
- The best savings on debt relief, settlement, and consolidation programs in Alaska
- An unbiased and free consultation from an experienced credit counselor in Alaska
Choose from the best debt relief companies in Alaska
We only work with the best-rated, licensed, and compliant debt relief, settlement, and consolidation programs. We spend years researching a company’s backend operations before recommending a debt relief program. Alaska debt relief providers choose to work with Golden Financial Services because we’re a leading online provider of financial education, a place consumers trust. For example, if you Google “debt validation program,” you’ll find our website “goldenfs.org” at the top.
We’re then able to send business to these providers. However, they are even more obligated to provide the optimal service to our clients at the best price. Otherwise, GFS stops recommending their program and sending them business. We hold debt relief companies in Alaska accountable for their actions and liable to perform for clients. The Alaska debt settlement companies that GFS recommends pay us based on the marketing, administration, and document preparation services, allowing us to offer the public unbiased and free financial education and consultations.
Benefits of Using GFS for Alaska Debt Consolidation Programs:
- Get a Free Debt Relief Consultation. Learn options and enroll for free. During your free consultation, we’ll go over the cost of each debt relief program. Alaska residents can then choose the best option. However, if you decide not to enroll in a program at all, you’ll leave GFS with financial education and at least know your options and the downsides that come with each. As a result, you’ll be a more informed consumer.
- Understand the pros and cons of each option before deciding on a plan. We only work with transparent companies about downsides and have experience dealing with the potential downsides that inevitably occur with any financial hardship program.
- We’ve already done the research and can offer you the best options based on your specific goals and needs. We’ll help you find the plan with the best savings and lowest monthly payment. In addition, you can choose from options that GFS has already vetted.
Start working towards achieving your financial goals in 2022.
How to get help with debt in Alaska?
Start by contacting GFS at (866) 376-9846. You can get your free consultation right now for free.
During your free consultation, we will explain your options to you, and if you’re eligible, we can help you enroll in the plan of your choice. In addition, we can offer you a free credit report and score today, making it easy for us to figure out what creditors you owe and what options you qualify for. There are no upfront fees, and you won’t feel obligated or pressured.
After eighteen years of operating and rescuing thousands of Alaskans from their debt problems, we now have more experience than any other company in the state.
- A+ BBB rated
- Zero unresolved BBB complaints and averaging less than three complaints per year
- 5-star rated on Yelp and Google
- TrustedCompanyReviews.com Accredited Debt Relief Company
- In business since 2004,
- #1 Rated National Debt Relief Hardship Program in Alaska at Trusted Company Reviews, above Freedom Debt Relief, Incharge Debt Relief, and National Debt Relief.
Free Alaska Financial Help, Articles, and Resources to consider:
- Payday Loan Consolidation Guide
- Free Debt Snowball Payoff Calculator Tool
- 10 Best Ways to Clear High Credit Card Balances Guide
- Free Credit Repair Guide
- Free Student Loan Consolidation and Forgiveness Guide
- Credit Card Debt Relief Program Guide Illustrating Pros and Cons of Each Option
Alaska COVID-19 Related Debt Relief Options
- Are you facing potential eviction or utility shutoffs due to financial hardship caused by COVID-19? The Alaska Legal Services Corporation (ALSC) has created a form letter that you can submit to your landlord/utility company to delay eviction hearings for nonpayment of rent. CLICK HERE TO GET THE FORM:
- Have you experienced harassment or collection agencies threatening to garnish your wages? AKPIRG collects the stories of Alaskans struggling during the coronavirus shutdowns to direct their advocacy. Submit your story at the bottom of this next page here:
- Do you owe federal student loans? The Trump Debt Relief Administration instructed federal student loan lenders to pause all federal student loan payments and interest charges. Learn more about COVID-19 related debt forgiveness programs by visiting this page next. You can also visit the Alaska Public Interest Research Group’s website directly for more information on how to get financial assistance if your income was impacted due to COVID-19.
Alaska debt statistics
Alaska is the most significant state in America and one of the most beautiful, with snow-capped mountains and stunning landscapes.
However, statistics reveal that many consumers in Alaska are drowning in credit card debt. Alaska carries more credit card debt than any other state in the nation, according to ValuePenguin.com.
The average Alaskan has $8,068 in personal debt, plus $223,430 in mortgage debt. On average, residents have an open credit card balance of $8,516, and 46% of residents have a student loan, the average amount of which is $25,682. The average credit card debt in Alaska is 13% more than Wyoming, the next state carrying the highest credit card debt in the nation.
Part of the reason why credit card debt is so high in Alaska is due to:
- The high unemployment rate in the state, causing loss of income – leading to consumers needing to use credit cards for everyday purchases (The unemployment rate in the city of Juneau is 4%. The unemployment rate in Anchorage is 4.8%. The unemployment rate in Fairbanks is 5.8%)
- Alaskans have been using credit cards heavily to pay off medical bills.
- Inflation leads to a rise in the cost of consumer goods.
How to Consolidate Debt in Alaska?
Alaska Debt relief programs are the best solution for unemployed consumers, behind on payments or can only afford minimum payments on credit cards.
If you are looking for a loan to consolidate debt, that is not something Golden Financial Services can offer you. Instead, we recommend you visit a local credit union to explore a consolidation loan option, as credit unions usually will offer the lowest interest rates on loans.
Here are some points to consider when contemplating which option to use to help you get out of debt:
- Alaska debt relief programs make it possible to reduce the amounts on unsecured debt, including credit cards, medical bills, payday loans, and unsecured loans. You can use a debt negotiation plan to reduce the balances on each of your accounts and consolidate payments into one.
- You get multiple debt repayment options in Alaska to choose from, including debt settlement and consumer credit counseling. But before resorting to settlement, consider a debt validation program (which we explain more about below).
- All debt relief programs in Alaska will consolidate payments into one affordable payment, but not all programs work the same. Depending on which repayment plan you choose will determine whether or not your creditors get paid every month.
- If you lost your job recently, you could pay off your debt in one reduced lump sum final payment through debt settlement. Alaska debt settlement programs can lower your total debt by around 30% (including fees).
- Many credit card and debt collection companies have been involved in fraud in some way, so by using debt validation, you could challenge the validity of each debt before paying. (which could lead to you only paying a small amount to resolve a large debt).
Bankruptcy (BK) in Alaska
Without a debt relief or consolidation program, Alaska residents who can’t afford their monthly payments have only one other direction to take. And that’s bankruptcy! Bankruptcy will destroy a person’s financial situation and make it very difficult to recover. Chapter 13 Bankruptcy will cost you around the same as a settlement program because the judge will require you to pay back at least half of what you owe, similar to debt settlement. Alaska residents in the lowest income bracket may be eligible for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, which is the preferred option because your debt can get eliminated within a matter of months through this type of BK. However, most consumers in AK won’t qualify for Chapter 7 BK and will be forced to file Chapter 13.
We are not bankruptcy attorneys at Golden Financial Services, but we can provide you with sound financial advice. With bankruptcy on a person’s credit report, they may not get approved for any credit for at least seven years, including renting an apartment or even leasing a car. And if you do get approved for any loan with BK on your credit report, you’re almost guaranteed to pay the highest interest rates a lender is legally allowed to charge.
State and Government Debt Assistance in AK
The state of Alaska and the government don’t offer any government debt relief or consolidation options for credit card debt. There are federal student loan consolidation programs but no assistance for credit card debt. For information on federal student loan relief options, visit this page next.
If you can afford to pay more than the minimum monthly payments, in your case, there are additional debt relief options. For example, you can use the snowball method to pay off debt. The snowball method was invented by Dave Ramsey, America’s top financial guru. This option can help improve credit scores while simultaneously enabling people to pay off their bills quickly.
Talk to an IAPDA certified Alaska debt counselor at (907) 885-6188 and find out the simplest way to get out of debt today!
Golden Financial Services – one of the best Alaska Debt Relief, Consolidation, and Settlement Companies
- A+ Better Business Bureau rated company.
- Certified and accredited by the International Association of Professional Debt Arbitrators (IAPDA)
- Trusted Company Reviews ranked Golden Financial Services #1 Debt Relief Company in the Nation
Alaskans can now safely address any unsecured debt, including credit cards, student loans, and debt collection accounts, all through Golden Financial Services.
Alaska Debt Relief, Settlement & Debt Consolidation Options:
- Cut credit card balances and monthly payments with debt settlement in Alaska.
- All debt relief programs in Alaska offer a single monthly payment for all debts.
- You can choose how fast you want to become debt-free
- Avoid needing a consolidation loan and avoid bankruptcy.
- Start with a FREE consultation.
How do Alaska Debt Relief Programs Affect My Credit Score?
Some downsides come along with most debt relief programs.
- Credit scores are negatively affected if a financial hardship program requires consumers to fall behind on payments.
- After falling behind on payments, creditors can attempt to sue a person.
- You will have late marks, and collection accounts appear on credit reports.
Alaska Consumer Credit Counseling
Are you looking to reduce your interest rates on credit cards?
You may be a perfect candidate for consumer credit counseling. This program has a minimal effect on credit scores because you remain current on payments.
With consumer credit counseling plans, interest rates get reduced, and your creditors continue to get paid every month.
With consumer credit counseling, you can expect to get out of debt in around 4.5 years.
However, at the end of the program, your credit cards will get closed out, which can lower your credit score, but again the effect is minimal compared to debt settlement. Alaska residents can choose from programs and options, depending on each person’s goals and situation.
To learn your options and check eligibility, call (907) 885-6188:
- First, we will get you a free credit report and score.
- Second, we can help you figure out the easiest way to get out of debt.
- Third, we can help you to accomplish your specific financial goals.
- Finally, we can tailor a program to fit your needs.
Try Alaska Debt Relief Program Calculator
This debt calculator tool only estimates how much a person can save with each debt relief option. There is no guarantee that you will qualify for any of these plans. You must call in and talk with an IAPDA certified debt expert to check eligibility.
To determine if you qualify for debt relief, Alaska residents can start with a free consultation by calling Toll-Free (866)-376-9846.
How much does Alaska debt settlement cost?
- No Alaska debt settlement company can guarantee to save you a certain amount or percentage. It’s illegal for a debt settlement company in Alaska to claim to settle a debt for a specific rate. Creditors don’t offer these types of arrangements with debt settlement companies. Companies can give you an estimate of how much you’ll save based on past results. For example, through GFS, we can offer you a quote that your debt settlement program could cost around 70-75% of your total debt, including all fees. This quote includes zero percent interest.
- A debt settlement program could cost up to 25% of the total debt enrolled. However, these fees can only legally be earned after each debt is settled and not a day sooner.
How fast can I be debt-free with debt settlement in Alaska?
Alaska’s best debt settlement companies will offer consumers a loan to pay off their debt settlement program. For example, after 3-6 on-time monthly payments are made, the company could loan you the month to pay off your entire debt settlement program cost. These funds can then be used to settle all of your debts within one year. At GFS, we can offer you this type of plan.
What’s the preferred Alaska debt relief program?
Debt Validation – Best Alaska Debt Relief Program
Debt validation is the first choice for Alaska residents. Before paying their alleged debts, debt validation makes sure that the debt collection companies are abiding by the laws.
If a debt is invalidated, the debt may not have to be paid and can no longer legally remain on your credit report.
Debt Settlement Alaska – Choice two
If the debt collection companies abide by the laws, a debt settlement would be the second-best route for Alaska residents.
A debt settlement program may be your fastest route to get out of debt, but it will adversely affect your credit score.
You have to stop the bleeding.
You can always rebuild your credit.
Debt Consolidation Alaska – Choice three
If you want your interest rates reduced, consumer credit counseling and debt consolidation will be your best options for debt relief. AK debt consolidation loans should only be obtained from a local credit union or bank.
Avoid online lenders, including payday loans, Lending Club and Avant. Online lenders charge high loan origination fees and interest rates. Likewise, avoid Buy Now Pay Later (BNPL) services.
With debt consolidation and consumer credit counseling, a person stays current on their payments. Keep in mind, though, debt consolidation is a loan, and consumer credit counseling is not a loan.
Alaska is a beautiful state, but it’s time for Alaskans to improve their finances!
- Alaska consumers are eligible for a free professional consultation with no obligation.
- You may be entitled to one new reduced & feasible payment to become debt-free in under 3-years.
- The company was just voted #1 debt relief company in America by Trusted Company Reviews
- No unresolved BBB complaints and No unresolved Attorney General complaints
Debt relief options can make your life easier, having only one payment to worry about each month. Whether in New Mexico, Indiana, or Alaska, debt settlement, validation, and debt consolidation are all viable options. Depending on your goals, your credit score and other factors will help determine which plan is best for you. Here at Golden Financial Services, a California-based debt relief company, our job is to show you all of your options and help you find the best plan.