Golden Financial Services Corporation Information
Golden Financial Services is an S-Corporation that was originally incorporated out of the state of Florida in 2004. To view Golden Financial’s corporation details, visit Sunbiz.org.
Golden Financial Services specializes in providing consumers with debt relief information to help them determine the right debt relief option.
Credentials, Accreditations & Certifications:
- Golden Financial Services is Certified and Accredited by the International Association of Professional Debt Arbitrators (IAPDA)
- Golden Financial Services is a Better Business Bureau A+ Rated Company with no customer complaints as of 2018
- Golden Financial Services is the Top Rated Debt Relief Company in the Nation, by Trusted Company Reviews
The purpose of this page is to provide clear disclosures about each debt relief program. It is important that debt relief companies across the nation explain the negative and positive side of each debt relief plan, not just the benefits.
Before we get into the disclosures, here’s an infographic that highlights the benefits and downsides of each debt relief plan:
- Golden Financial Services cannot guarantee that a consumer will get out of debt through one of these programs but does its best to work with the most reputable debt relief companies that provide some type of written guarantee or assurance of performance.
- Some clients may not be able to complete a debt relief program due to income restrictions and other various reasons.
- We are not a debt validation or debt consolidation company, we provide the information on these programs and broker these services out to various debt relief companies.
- We only work with debt relief companies that have a high Better Business Bureau rating and low to no complaints online.
- We do not work with just any company, they must be licensed for the service being provided and have reputable credentials.
- We are not a law firm.
- We are not affiliated with your creditors or the government.
- Fees are included in all of the debt relief programs available and will be clearly disclosed prior to joining.
Debt Settlement Services Disclosures
Debt settlement services are one of the popular programs offered through Golden Financial Services. The following disclosures are relevant to debt settlement services only:
- Clients who make all their monthly program payments pay approximately 50% of their enrolled balance before fees, or 68% to 75% including fees, over 24 to 48 months.
- Not all clients are able to complete a debt settlement program for various reasons, including their ability to save sufficient funds.
- Our estimates are based on prior results from the debt settlement companies we have worked with, which will vary.
- We do not guarantee that your debts will be resolved for a specific amount or percentage or within a specific period of time.
- We do not assume your debts, make monthly payments to creditors or provide tax, bankruptcy, accounting or legal advice or credit repair services. We do refer consumers to a licensed credit repair company if they request credit repair.
- Please contact a tax professional to discuss potential tax consequences of less than full balance debt resolution.
- All program disclosures and fees will be clearly illustrated to each client inside the client agreement that they must sign prior to enrolling in the program. There will be a compliance call that the client must pass prior to enrolling in a debt settlement program where all of the potential negative consequences are reiterated and repeated. It is important to read and understand the client agreement and disclosures provided.
- The use of debt settlement services will likely adversely affect your creditworthiness, may result in a person being subject to collections or being sued by creditors or collectors and may increase the outstanding balances of your enrolled accounts due to the accrual of fees and interest. Negotiated settlements obtained through debt settlement services will resolve all of the balance, including all interest and fees owed.
Student Loan Debt Consolidation Disclosures
- Golden Financial Services is a private company and is NOT AFFILIATED WITH THE DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION or any other academic or governmental entity.
- You can apply for student loan consolidation, without paid assistance through the Department of Education(DOE).
- Golden Financial Services assists you with preparing and processing your application for student loan consolidation and repayment programs offered by the DOE.
- Golden Financial Services does charge a fee for processing a person’s consolidation at studentloans.gov and following through with the procedure with the student loan servicer selected. The fee is only earned after the consolidation is approved and we have documented proof of approval and have provided the client with proof of approval. This fee will never exceed $675.
- Additional fees are charged to recertify the consumer every year at StudentLoans.gov and manage their account, including managing all communication, changing payments and updating the student on any and all relevant details to ensure their consolidation and repayment plan remain in good standing until the day that they’re eligible for loan forgiveness. These annual fees are only charged after Golden Financial Services gets the student recertified and documentation “in hand” showing their recertification was approved.
- Golden Financial Services uses a payment processor that charges their own set of fees. Our processors charge a one-time payment of $6.75, and any additional payments following the initial payment would be for the amount of $4.75.
- Student loan relief clients must pay two sets of fees and payments. One payment goes to their student loan servicer, such as Navient. Some clients get approved for an income-driven repayment plan that has no monthly payment. Their payment is zero dollars per month, for the loan servicer. These plans must be renewed every year and can change, they are primarily based on a person’s income and family size. The other fee that clients pay is for the student loan relief services that the company charges. It is important to understand where each payment and fee is being paid/sent to.
Debt Relief Services Disclosures
- Golden Financial Services may refer consumers to a program called debt validation, where their creditors’ are not paid on a monthly basis, but rather where the debt is disputed through a multitude of federal laws, including laws such as the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. For more information on debt validation and the laws used with debt validation, visit this page next.
- Debt validation is where a third-party debt collection company is disputed. If invalidated the debt will not disappear, but rather becomes “legally uncollectible”.
- There are fees charged for this type of service. All fees will be clearly disclosed in writing prior to any clients enrolling into a debt validation program.
- Golden Financial Services is paid a marketing fee for this type of service and is not a debt validation company. The company that assists clients’ with the document preparation services to dispute their debt through debt validation will provide clear disclosures and a compliance call with clear disclosures repeated, prior to any client joining the program.
- Golden Financial Services will present all of your debt relief options and you can then determine which plan you choose to join.
This website is designed to provide general debt relief related information only. Nothing contained herein constitutes legal advice, nor is it intended to offer legal advice. Neither Golden Financial Services, nor any participants in the production of this website make any representation that they are attorneys, nor that they are able to offer legal advice. Neither Golden Financial Services nor any participants to the production of this website make any guarantee as to the accuracy or currency of any information contained in or created through the use of any link to another website contained in or through this website. Use of these materials is not intended in any way to create or even to convey the impression that such use of this material by any person, organization or entity of any nature and/or kind constitutes any attorney-client relationship whatsoever. You should consult a lawyer for individual advice regarding your own situation.
Personally Identifying Information
When contacting Golden Financial Services for any type of debt relief program quote, consumers only need to provide their name, phone number, email address, phone number, state of residency and their estimated amount of total debt. This information is only used to provide an estimate of how much money a person could save by using debt relief programs. This information can be shredded upon request.
To Request Access to Any & All Information Collected
If you would like to inquire about what information was collected by Golden Financial Services, you can call toll free (866) 376-9846. Any of our representatives will provide you the details on what we have in our system pertaining to your personally identifiable information, and can delete any information related to your personally identifiable information upon request.