The Best New York (NY) Debt Relief, Settlement, and Consolidation Programs are all available at Golden Financial Services. All of the other debt relief companies in NY offer either debt settlement or consumer credit counseling. No other NY debt relief company offers multiple plans. You have the power to make a choice based on what suits you best at Golden Financial Services, not based on what suits your creditors best.
If you are drowning in debt, your life can quickly improve with proper guidance and the right assistance. And that’s what we’re about to give you! Do you live in New York and have over $7,500 in unsecured debt? Call (929) 437-6155 For a Free Consultation with an IAPDA Certified Counselor.
New York Consumer Credit Counseling Vs. Financial Hardship Credit Card Debt Relief
New York consumer credit counseling companies work for your creditors. They have pre-arranged agreements already in place. That’s how credit counselors know how low your interest rates can get lowered. NY consumer credit counseling companies call themselves “non-profit,” but the truth is that your creditors will pay them.
NY Consumer credit counseling is not a “financial hardship plan”. You continue paying your creditors every single month with this type of program but at a reduced interest rate. Your creditors get paid back in full, plus interest. With consumer credit counseling your interest rates get reduced, making it easier to get out of debt.
If you can’t afford to pay at least minimum payments, you won’t qualify for consumer credit counseling. You will, however, be eligible for a financial hardship plan. The following two financial hardship programs let you pay a significant amount less than the total owed.
New York Debt Validation Program
- The total cost is around 45% of your total balances (and that’s all you would end up paying when successful)
- The debt and its associated negative marks could get removed from credit
- The plan comes with a money-back-guarantee
- Comes with credit repair for the entire credit report
- You get to choose an affordable monthly payment
- The whole program takes around 30 months (average)
- If a debt is proven to be legally uncollectible, in this case, there would be no tax consequence
- Debt negotiation can be a backup plan to resolve the debt if it’s proven to be valid
New York Debt Settlement Companies
- You can save around 25% (including fees)
- After a debt is settled and paid, past collection and late marks remain on credit.
- There is no guarantee that creditors will settle for less than the full balance, but most of the time they do
- Debt settlement does NOT include credit repair
- You do get to choose an affordable payment
- You can become debt free in around 36 months (average)
- The IRS could require you to pay taxes on the amount saved
- Your last option to avoid bankruptcy
Keep in mind that these are both financial hardship plans. Meaning, your creditors are not getting paid on a monthly basis. Creditors could potentially serve you a summons to go to court. Late fees can make your balances grow before the debt is resolved. And your credit score will get at least temporarily negatively affected.
Debt settlement companies in NY, like Freedom Debt Relief and National Debt Relief, can only settle your debt. You’re limited on choices at most of the debt settlement companies in NY. But the truth is, before settling a debt you should challenge the validity of it because in many cases this can be your least expensive route to resolving a debt. Just like how a speeding ticket attorney would fight a speeding ticket, credit card debt can also get disputed.
The debt becomes legally uncollectible if the debt collection company can’t validate it. A legally uncollectible debt is one that does not need to get paid and can’t legally get reported to Experian, Transunion or Equifax. Million’s of New Yorkers can walk away without paying anything on a debt besides the debt reduction company’s fees.
Owe Above $10,000 in Credit Card Debt?
A $10,000 credit card debt can get resolved for around $4,500.
That’s the total that you would pay with validation. And there’s no upfront fees. You can pay this amount over 24 months, or even 36 months if you need a really low monthly payment. What’s great about debt validation is that it includes a money-back-guarantee and credit repair. If you have late marks on your credit report from a car loan or home loan, these derogatory notations will get disputed for no cost. You will also be granted an installment loan towards the end of the program to help establish new positive credit history, of course with the goal in mind of improving your credit score.
You are probably thinking, “but it’s my debt, I spent the money.” Yes, you did spend the money, but that doesn’t mean your creditors are abiding by the laws and maintaining complete and accurate documentation.
New York Debt Relief Program Reviews for Golden Financial
- A New York Chamber of Commerce Member
- Rated #1 by Trusted Company Reviews (click to verify)
- Better Business Bureau A+ rated company
- IAPDA Certified
Getting harassed by creditors or a debt collection law firm? New York debt relief can give you immediate relief from any creditor harassment and provide you with one affordable monthly payment.
You don’t need to hire an expensive NY debt defense attorney and pay thousands’ of dollars in attorney fees. New York residents can start with a free debt relief consultation right here at Golden Financial Services and learn the simplest way to get out of debt.
Not ready to join a program yet? Start by reading the following page; it’s a quick guide to NY debt relief programs.
You are not alone; New York State has the second highest amount of debt in the nation, only behind California, and New York’s debt is expected to rise even more in the coming years, according to state Comptroller Thomas DiNapoli. “The average amount of debt for every man, woman, and child in New York state is $3,116, three times the median for all states”. As a country, credit card debt is at an all-time high, exceeding $1-trillion. The average credit card interest rate is now 17.01 percent, up from 16.15 percent in 2017, and up from 15.22 percent in 2016.
New York Debt Relief (Table of Contents)
- New York Debt Relief Program Potential Benefits
- What type of debt qualifies for NY debt relief?
- Learn About Debt Settlement in New York to Reduce Balances
- Learn About Debt Consolidation in New York to Reduce Interest Rates
- Learn About Debt Validation in New York to Dispute Debts
- Learn About Consumer Credit Counseling in NY (pre-bankruptcy & credit card interest reduction program)
- See Golden Financial Services NY Debt Relief Credentials
- NY Property Tax Relief
- Military Debt Relief in NY
- Senior Citizen and Disabled Debt Relief in NY
- New York Debt Collection Statute of Limitations
Start With a Free NY Debt Reduction Consultation
- You get a free credit report and score
- Get an estimated savings quote for each New York debt relief program that you’re eligible for
- See how quickly you can become debt free
- Enroll in the program of your choice
Call (929) 437-6155 for a free consultation with a New York IAPDA Certified Debt Counselor Now!
Here’s what NY debt reduction services through Golden Financial can do for you:
- You choose how fast you want to become debt free. You will know exactly how many payments are remaining.
- Interest rates get reduced and sometimes eliminated!
- All creditor harassment can stop.
- You can quickly take control of your debt.
- All debts get combined into an affordable monthly payment.
- You will have professional debt arbitrators representing you and dealing with your creditors – giving you peace of mind.
- Validation plans include credit repair, so you can get out of debt and repair your credit all-in-one
- Plans include a money back guarantee, so you can be sure to GET RESULTS or don’t pay!
- Help you rebuild credit on some plans (i.e., debt validation comes with credit restoration, where you could be given an installment loan to build your credit)
But the question is; which NY debt relief program is right for you?
Are your creditors mistreating you?
Struggling to make minimum monthly payments?
Is your biggest problem high credit card interest rates?
Talk to a New York IAPDA Certified Debt Counselor:
What Type of Debt Qualifies for New York Debt Relief?
- Student loans (including federal and private student loans)
- Credit card debt
- Third party debt collection accounts
- Almost any type of loan
- Bad Credit is OK, we can still help, and credit repair is included in some plans
Option 1: Debt Settlement New York
- Debt settlement in New York, also known as debt arbitration or debt negotiation, involves negotiating with creditors to accept a lower balance as “paid in full.” Your debt could be discounted down to only around half of what you originally owed, before debt settlement company fees. A portion of the balance could be completely wiped away and forgiven.
- Not all clients can make it through a debt settlement program, keep that in mind. Some clients lose their income and have to drop out because they can’t afford to continue making payments.
- Clients end up paying only approximately 70%-75% of their total debt, including fees.
- Although the practice may result in a lower credit score temporarily, your debt to income ratio should improve throughout the program because each debt is paid off one by one.
- Debt settlement can save a person from having to file for bankruptcy. Bankruptcy has the worst long-term effect on a person’s financial situation, negatively affecting everything from their ability to purchase a car, rent a house, buy a home and even get a job.
- A debt settlement program includes only one monthly payment. That payment is deposited into a trust account and remains in the client’s control. As money accumulates in the trust account, one by one each creditor is settled and paid, until a person is debt free.
- Creditors don’t get paid on a monthly basis, like with consolidation services, but instead paid in lump sum payments. Fees and settlement fund are all included in the monthly payment.
- You will immediately start paying less money each month after getting approved on a debt settlement program in New York – putting extra savings in your pocket.
- You will receive a date of completion, so you will see the light at the end of the tunnel – knowing when you’ll be debt free!
- Results do vary, but when a top-rated NY debt relief company is representing you, expect only the best.
Ready to take action?
Important point: Make sure to fully understand the potential negative consequences that can arise from a debt settlement program, such as; creditors can pursue legal action, negative marks can remain on your credit report, balances will increase before getting settled, and potential tax consequences may occur. We will fully disclose and discuss each possible adverse effects and offer advice on how to deal with each result if it was to happen.
Talk to a New York IAPDA Certified Debt Counselor Now (it’s FREE) 866-376-9846.
Option 2: Debt Consolidation New York
- Debt consolidation is a loan that is used to pay off your existing debts.
- You could even use a home equity line of credit to consolidate and pay off your debt, and that’s probably one of the smartest options available due to its low-interest rate.
- The point of getting a debt consolidation loan is to reduce your interest rates, lower the monthly payment and get out of debt faster.
- You can use a debt consolidation loan to pay off any debt.
Important point: Closely examine the interest rates and fees associated with a debt consolidation loan, before signing up for any loan.
What about NY debt consolidation programs for student loans?
- Golden Financial Services can assist you with consolidating your student loan debt, getting them paid off within the next 90-days, and following up on your consolidated loan until you’re eligible for loan forgiveness. We will process your student loan consolidation through the government offered student loan programs. New York residents can either consolidate their student loans on their own or use a company to do the work for them, like what we offer at Golden Financial Services.
- We can help you to navigate your way through the complex processes of student loan consolidation, getting on the right income-driven repayment plan and loan forgiveness.
- To consolidate your student loans on your own, visit studentloans.gov, and click on “repayment and consolidation.” The common problem students have when consolidating student loans on their own is that it can be time-consuming, complicated and easy to get kicked out of the plan. You could forget to file a particular form, check a wrong box on the application and forget to recertify on time one year – and bam, you get kicked out of the plan, lose eligibility for loan forgiveness and can even get your wages garnished.
- To consolidate your student loans on your own and get loan forgiveness, here are step by step instructions on what to do.
What about using a debt consolidation loan to pay off credit card debt?
- In New York, using a debt consolidation loan to pay off credit card debt is a popular option for consumers that have a credit score of 700 or higher.
- If your credit score is under 700 and you have over $7,500 in credit card debt, you won’t have a sufficient credit score to get approved for a low-interest debt consolidation loan in New York.
- Golden Financial Services does not offer a consolidation loan for credit card debt. Local credit unions will usually provide the lowest interest rate for a consolidation loan. If you own a home and have equity in it, your best case scenario would be to get a home equity line of credit. A home equity line of credit can be used as a consolidation loan and often comes with the lowest interest rate.
Talk to a New York IAPDA Certified Debt Counselor Now (it’s FREE)866-376-9846.
Option 3: Debt Validation Program in New York
- Disputes your alleged debts and includes credit repair FOR FREE – you may not have to pay the debt, and it could come off your credit report entirely.
- Debt validation can be the least expensive method to resolve an unsecured debt and get it completely removed from your credit report. Think about if you were to get a speeding ticket. You could plead guilty, where you would pay a fine, go to traffic school and get points on your license. You could also hire an attorney to fight the ticket, and in many cases get it completely dismissed – as if it never existed.
- Debt validation is similar to getting a speeding ticket. You can fight the debt and prove it to be legally uncollectible, where legally the debt collection companies can no longer report the debt and negative marks on your credit report, and you wouldn’t have to pay the debt.
- Golden Financial Services can introduce you to a debt validation program that comes with a money back guarantee and stays with you until your debt is completely removed from your record due to the statute of limitations.
- Debt validation will cost less than debt settlement in most cases.
Important point: The debt does still exist after it gets invalidated and could be sent back to your original creditor where collection activity continues. If a debt can’t be invalidated, it could then be settled for less than the full balanced owe. At Golden Financial Services we usually recommend using debt validation before trying to settle a debt.
Talk to a New York IAPDA Certified Debt Counselor Now (it’s FREE)866-376-9846.
Option 4: Consumer Credit Counseling New York
- You start making one consolidated payment each month to the consumer credit counseling company, instead of paying the credit card companies.
- In New York, consumer credit counseling programs consist of credit counselors working with your creditors to lower interest rates and create lower, consolidated monthly payments that are more affordable for the consumer. (this is not a loan)
- With more manageable payments consumers have more disposable income for savings or retirement.
- All credit card balances get paid in full within 4.5 years due to the interest rates getting lowered.
- The company will then disperse the funds to each of your credit card companies, but at a reduced interest rate.
- Your monthly payments get consolidated into one lower monthly payment, and you can become debt free in around four to five years, compared to six years on your own.
Important point: Consumer credit counseling programs have the least adverse effect on credit scores, but it will show on your credit report that you’re in a consumer credit counseling program. Future lenders may deny you for credit because of this third-party consumer credit counseling notation on your credit report.
Talk to a New York IAPDA Certified Debt Counselor Now (it’s FREE)866-376-9846.
New York Debt Statistics
The following statistics give some insight into the debt picture of many New Yorkers, as well as the reasons consumers may want to contact a New York debt relief company:
- Unemployment Rate: As of August 2013, New York had an unemployment rate of 7.6 percent, slightly higher than the national rate of 7.3 percent. (http://www.data.bls.gov/timeseries/lasst36000003)
- Poverty Level: The poverty rate in New York, according to a 2007 Census Bureau report was 13.7, lower than the national average of 15.9 percent. This report ranked New York 18th among all 50 states regarding the number of people living below the poverty level. (http://www.census.gov/statab/ranks/rank34.html)
- Student Loan Debt: New Yorkers’ had an average student loan debt of $25,851, ranking 19th among the 50 states. However, 60 percent of students leaving college who were residents of New York were carrying student loan debt, ranking it 25th among other states. (http://projectonstudentdebt.org/state_by_state-data.php)
- Credit Card Debt: In 2011, New Yorkers had an average credit card debt of $5,900, which was lower than the national average of $6,600. Statistics show that New Yorkers often fall lower than the national average for credit card debt. (http://www.debt.org/faqs/americans-in-debt/consumer-new-york)
- Bankruptcy: Bankruptcy filings in New York dropped between 2011 and 2012 across both judicial districts. The Northern District had 13.4 percent fewer filings, while the Western District had 12.6 percent fewer. (http://www.uscourts.gov/statistics/bankruptcystatistics/interactive-map.aspx)
All of these statistics show that, although New Yorkers seem to be in a slightly better financial situation than residents of other states, consumers often need the services of a New York debt relief company.
Golden Financial Services is one of the top debt relief companies in New York
- A+ Rated by the Better Business Bureau
- Accredited by the Association for Student Loan Relief
- Certified by the International Association of Professional Debt Arbitrators
- 15+ years in business
- No BBB complaints
- Hundreds of positive online customer reviews
We can help you to devise a simple and safe plan to get out of debt and address your credit problems in the quickest possible timeframe. If results aren’t achieved you won’t pay a dollar! Some debt reduction services offered by Golden Financial come with FREE CREDIT REPAIR. (Ask your debt counselor if you qualify for free credit repair)
In 2018, Golden Financial Services was rated #1 for Debt Consolidation. (New York & New York City debt relief companies all included)
NYC & New York Property Tax Relief Options
If you can’t pay your property taxes in New York, this debt can become a “delinquent property tax lien”. Investors will then purchase a delinquent property tax lien. But before a property tax lien is sold to an investor, the homeowner will have a chance to pay off the debt. Legally in NY, a homeowner needs to be provided with four warnings before an investor being able to purchase their delinquent property taxes as a lien. An investor can buy a property tax lien in NY if the homeowner doesn’t make any attempt to pay back their property taxes and has been given four warnings. The homeowner is then responsible for paying the investor back. If a homeowner can’t afford to pay the investor back, plus with additional interest, at that point the investor can take the property through foreclosure.
If you were only given three warnings prior to your property taxes getting sold as a tax lien, this could prevent the investor from eventually foreclosing on the property. Therefore, if you are a homeowner make sure to keep track of these warnings. The warnings must be in writing. Usually, a homeowner will receive a letter in the mail. That letter must clearly explain the situation at hand. If the letter is written in a way that only an attorney could understand, this could constitute as means of rejecting the investor’s attempt to eventually foreclose on the home. A judge will usually side with the homeowner when at a foreclosure court appearance.
However, certain consumers are exempt from getting their delinquent property taxes sold.
Military Debt Relief Programs & Delinquent Property Tax Exemption
Millions of active military members have had their homes’ taken from them over the past due to unpaid property taxes when they could’ve taken a few small steps to protect their home from foreclosure.
Anyone who is active military (U.S. Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, Coast Guard or National Guard) can request debt relief for delinquent property taxes; and this includes the spouses and kids (in most cases) of all active military members. Active military New York residents get legal protection from the Soldiers and Servicemembers Civil Relief Act and the NYS Soldiers’ and Sailors’ Civil Relief Act. Due to these laws, homeowners who are active military can get their property taxes removed from a tax lien sale by completing this short form here. If you are active military and couldn’t afford to pay your property taxes, it’s imperative to take immediate action to avoid potentially having your home foreclosed.
Credit card debt relief NY programs are available for anyone who’s active military and who resides in NY. Military credit card relief programs do require you to get permission from your commanding sergeant, but with permission, you could qualify for a New York debt relief program offered through Golden Financial Services. Give one of our IAPDA Certified debt relief professionals a CALL at (866) 376-9846 (start with a free consultation)!
NYC & NY State Senior Citizen & Disabled Debt Relief & Homeowners’ Exemption
You can keep your home out of a delinquent property tax sale and avoid foreclosure if you are OVER 65 years of age and own a home in New York. Debt relief for credit cards and homeowners’ exemption both offer you debt relief options.
There are some other qualification factors to qualify for a homeowners exemption, to avoid having your delinquent property taxes sold at an auction, that include; your annual adjusted gross income must be under $58,399, and you must have lived at the address for at least 12 months (and it must be your primary address).
To avoid losing your property due to unpaid property taxes, you must complete this form here:
If you are a senior citizen with credit card debt, relief programs are available here at Golden Financial Services. Give one of our IAPDA Certified New York debt relief professionals a call CALL AT (866) 376-9846 (start with a free consultation)!
New York Debt Collection Statute of Limitations
According to Civil Practice Law & Rules, 2-213, the Statute of Limitations for credit card debt in the state of New York is six years. That means that your creditors only have six years to sue you over a credit card debt. However, if you have a third-party debt collection account and you decide to make a payment on it out of fear that you will get sued, now you’ve extended the time-period that your creditor can come after you.
Address: 21 Poplar Street, Cornwall, New York, 12518; Serving all of New York state and New York City since 2004. Apply for Debt Relief Today!