Take control of your future by solidifying a great-paying and gratifying sales job in the debt relief industry. Credit counselor/debt specialist jobs are available here at Golden Financial Services (GFS), a licensed debt management company.
We’re looking to hire debt counselors with 5-8 years of sales experience.
Please read this entire page before applying for the job or calling about the position.
Debt Counselor Job Description:
- Help your fellow Americans achieve financial freedom, one of the most gratifying careers in sales. Since COVID-19 cursed our country, demand for reputable debt assistance is heavier than it’s ever been.
- Offer a top-rated program that’s proven to work with one of the oldest debt relief companies in the nation. With happy clients, the referrals keep rolling in! You get to control your own destiny and solidify financial freedom for yourself and your clients.
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in the nation, according to Inc.com, also A+ rated by the Better Business Bureau. (see credentials below)
- Start with a base salary and quickly grow it from there. Senior counselors make, on average, $75K+ per year. Sign-on Bonus Included! GFS will pay a sign-on bonus of $1500 in 2 installments. $500 will be paid after 4 weeks, and $1000 will be paid after 6 months.
- Enjoy the freedom of working from home, using state-of-the-art equipment and CRM (Debt Pay Pro CRM)
- Consumers contact GFS for help with debt; our debt specialists are not cold-calling all day long but rather calling back qualified applicants that applied with GFS.
Would you be a good fit for the debt counselor position?
Answer the following 15 questions:
- Are you self-motivated?
- Are you a team player?
- Are you known as a great listener?
- Do you enjoy helping people with their financial situation?
- Are you confident on the phones talking to clients?
- Do you have knowledge of the FDCPA, FCRA, and TCPA?
- Do you know the differences between debt settlement, consolidation, consumer credit counseling, and debt validation programs and chapters 7, 13, 11 bankruptcy?
- Do you know how to read a credit report?
- Do you understand how credit card debt can affect a person’s credit score? (e.g., how credit utilization ratio correlates with credit scores)
- Do you know the factors that help improve a person’s credit score?
- Do you have a professional home office set up that includes a fast internet connection?
- Are you able to multitask in a fast environment company?
- Do you have sales experience?
- Have you worked for a financial services/credit/debt relief company in the past?
- Are you a fast learner and able to stay organized?
If you’ve answered YES to all of the following questions and are interested in becoming a debt counselor, start by sending your resume and details about yourself and future goals to Jobs@goldenfs.org. You may call 619-773-0903 for details about the job.
Not everyone will be the right fit for Golden Financial; you must have a strong work ethic, live with integrity and honesty, have a willingness to learn and a desire to succeed, and know how to work in a coercive manner with a team. And you must have sales experience. This is a premium sales career position.
Golden Financial Services (GFS) provides a gratifying and unified culture, full of rewards and recognition for employees all across the nation.
GFS made the list at Inc.com of the Fastest Growing Companies in the Nation
What competitive edge does GFS’s program have over its competitors?
- the program offers the best savings
- plans include a money-back guarantee and credit repair
- potential downsides are effectively addressed
- a five-star customer service department that is there for clients each step of the way
- a nationally recognized debt relief company just made the list at Inc.com for the Nation’s Fastest-Growing Companies.
- A+ Better Business Bureau rated
- #1 Rated Debt Relief Company by TrustedCompanyReviews
- 5-Star Rated on Google and ShopperApproved
-what we are looking for:
- Applicants with 2-4 years of experience in sales
- Applicants with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Applicants who can handle ambiguous and chaotic times with composure and while staying incredibly organized
- Applicants with emotional intelligence who can empathize with customers
- The type of person that realizes feedback is a gift
- Speech, debate, or door-to-door selling experience
- Applicants from the financial services and insurance industry
How to Start?
To apply for the job, email:
Sales Jobs Near Me
How Much Can Golden Financial Services Sales Executives Earn?
Sales executives at Golden Financial Services can earn between $6,500 to $10,000 per month on average. You get an hourly rate to start, but your commissions will begin to exceed this hourly rate shortly after. When your commissions exceed the hourly rate, you will be paid based on the commission amount. This is a W2 position.
What’s Different About GFS?
Unlike the typical debt settlement or consumer credit counseling jobs available, working at GFS allows you to offer multiple debt relief options. Consumers can choose from debt settlement, student loan consolidation, and debt validation programs.
To understand how our services are different from state to state, check out a few of our location pages. Visit GFS’s New York, California, Missouri, and Arkansas pages. Also, check us out on Trusted Company Reviews and see why we’re rated #1. Trusted Company Reviews provides the Top Ten Debt Relief Companies every year and illustrates a side-by-side comparison of each company and program.
Complete Golden Financial’s credit card debt relief product training and be ready to start enrolling clients in the program within 3-6 weeks. (depending on your experience)
Get paid training by an IAPDA certified expert.
How to Start?
To apply for the job, email:
(please do not call about this job, as our counselors are busy assisting consumers)
Is this a full-time sales job?
Yes, this is a full-time job.
If you’re looking to maximize your earnings, you can even work on Saturdays.
To apply for the job, email:
As a Debt Counselor, What is My Job?
Counselors at GFS teach consumers about their debt relief options.
You will first need to pull the consumer’s credit report, import the creditors into our program system, and then provide the consumer with their debt relief options.
If a consumer qualifies for a debt relief program, you will enroll them into the appropriate plan as a counselor.
The two best options available include an attorney-based debt settlement program and debt validation.
How do people find Golden Financial?
Consumers find GFS online, like Googling “Credit card debt consolidation” or “California / NY debt relief programs .”
Consumers will also get referred to our company regularly from Yelp, Better Business Bureau, ShopperApproved, TrustedCompanyReviews.com, Google Places, and many other websites that rate Golden Financial Services as one of the Best Accredited Debt Settlement Companies.
What is the average commission earned?
The average debt amount enrolled in the program as of 2020 is $31,488.12. Therefore, the average commission earned for a debt counselor is $472.32 per sale. Debt counselors at Golden Financial Services are paid 1.5% of the total debt enrolled. In addition to the flat fee commission rate, bonuses are also paid monthly.
- gym membership
- retirement benefits including a Sep-IRA
- enjoy time off (as part of the monthly prizes for monthly team bonuses)
What Account Executives Love Most About Working at Golden Financial Services?
When we asked this question to our account executives — here were a few of their answers:
- “A comfortable working environment that allows for a stable income with room for growth.”
- “The opportunity to help people that are struggling financially.”
- “The gratification of being able to bring real-life solutions to people that are financially stressed and often hurting from life events, while working in a culture inspired by a team of people with a common vision.”
- “Defending consumers from the abusive practices of the banks and financial institutions really brings “Peter Pan-like” satisfaction especially after being a victim of their practices.”
- “I love being able to work at home. I get to work more hours, not having to drive in San Diego traffic every day!”
- “If you’re looking for the workplace where your co-workers will ALWAYS encourage, motivate, and inspire you to be your very best, you can be every day, look no further… It’s us, GFS!”
- “Everything is just top-notch, clients get the best service … sales executives get the best technology, from being able to text consumers, easily navigate from one software to another as it’s all integrated, click to dial … awesome leads, multiple options, honest people with strong ethics and morals, and I could go on and on here…Our CEO is so down to earth, and he cares so much about each of us, always paying close attention to what we need to be happy and how we can earn more income, providing solutions to our problems, promoting health and fitness by offering free gym memberships, always offering to buy us new equipment…”
Level of Education Required
You must be a high-school graduate, but no college degree is necessary. You don’t need to have experience in the debt relief industry either; in fact, we prefer hiring applicants with no experience in the debt relief industry. The most successful sales executives come from the insurance industry and have had past jobs where they’ve conducted door-to-door sales.
We will run your credit to check for collection accounts, bankruptcy, judgments, and any adverse credit. You can be rejected for employment due to these matters per the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
You will have to pass a background check. You can be rejected as an employee due to a misdemeanor or felony charge showing up. GFS can overlook traffic violations like speeding or parking tickets.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage women and all nationalities to apply. However, you must be fully proficient in the English Language.
Please email us a copy of your resume, but more importantly, tell us about you and your experience and goals. (Email us at Jobs@GoldenFS.org)