Become a Debt Counselor Today – a Sales Representative Job at Golden Financial Services (GFS)
- Help your fellow Americans achieve financial freedom, one of the most gratifying careers in sales. Since COVID-19 cursed our country, demand for reputable debt assistance is heavier than it’s ever been.
- Offer a top-rated program that’s proven to work, with one of the oldest debt relief companies in the nation. With happy clients, the referrals keep rolling in! You get to control your own destiny and solidify financial freedom for yourself and your clients.
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in the nation, according to Inc.com, also A+ rated by the Better Business Bureau. (see credentials below)
- Start with a base salary and quickly grow it from there. Senior counselors make, on average, $75K+ per year.
- Enjoy the freedom of working from home, using state of the art equipment and CRM.
GFS made the list at Inc.com of the Fastest Growing Companies in the Nation
What competitive edge does GFS’s program have over its competitors?
- the program offers the best savings
- plans include a money-back guarantee and credit repair
- potential downsides are effectively addressed
- a five-star customer service department that is there for clients each step of the way
Would you be a good fit for the debt counselor position?
Answer the following questions:
- Are you self motivated?
- Are you a team player?
- Are you known as a great listener?
- Do you enjoy helping people with their financial situation?
- Are you confident?
- Do people often come to you for financial advice?
- Do you know the differences between chapters 7, 13, 11 bankruptcy, debt settlement and consolidation, consumer credit counseling, and debt validation programs?
- Do you understand how credit card debt can affect a person’s credit score? (e.g., how credit utilization ratio correlates with credit scores)
- Do you understand the factors that help improve a person’s credit score?
- Do you have a professional home office set up that includes a fast internet connection?
- Do you have any background in psychology, sales experience, or have you worked for a financial services/credit/debt relief company in the past?
- Are you a fast learner and able to stay organized with new information?
If you’ve answered YES to all of the following questions and are interested in becoming a debt counselor, start by sending your resume and details about yourself and future goals to Jobs@goldenfs.org.
Not everyone will be the right fit for Golden Financial; you must have a strong work ethic, live with integrity and honesty, have a willingness to learn and a desire to succeed, and know how to work in a coercive manner with a team. This is a premium sales career position.
Golden Financial Services (GFS) provides a gratifying and unified culture, full of rewards and recognition for employees all across the nation.
Do you understand the fundamentals of sales?
Sales is all about developing a relationship of trust and credibility. As explained by Brian Tracy; Step one is to separate prospects from suspects.
Prospects need it, can afford it, want it, and can use it now. A suspect is someone that may need it or want it in the future. Don’t spend your limited time in the day on suspects, people that don’t need a debt relief program today.
IDENTIFY THE RIGHT PROSPECTS
You figure out if a person is a suspect or prospect by asking questions that start with “what” and “how.” How are you dealing with your credit card bills today? If they say, “I’m perfectly satisfied at the moment not paying my bills, and even if I wanted to pay my bills today, I could not because I have zero dollars coming in, not even social security or unemployment!” You could say, “OK, well, save my number and give me a ring when things get better, and you are ready to take action.” But also keep in mind, if somebody doesn’t know or trust you, they could just be blowing smoke at you to get off the phone as quickly as possible.
You can build trust by asking questions and listening closely to the answers, like a doctor. Take it slow. “I’d like to ask you a couple of questions and see if we can help you cost-effectively achieve your goals.” Listen to the consumer. See the problem they are facing through their eyes. Reiterate that you are listening by mirroring the last three words of what they say. Listening is key so that you can help find a solution to their problem.
Imagine if you went to see a doctor and before you even explained your symptoms and problem, the doctor offers you a prescription for some medicine. You’d run out of the office! Act like a doctor, ask the right questions to diagnose the problem, and offer a solution (prescription).
Here are the 3 steps:
Don’t commit sales malpractice; like right after someone picks up your phone call, you start talking about the prescription (i.e., trying to sell them on your program, talking about your products and credentials). Get to know the consumer first. Understand their problems and goals. Take notes carefully.
Try to find out everything about a prospect before you call them. Review all past notes in our CRM. Check the data source illustrating the keywords they Googled before contacting us. Check the web page they applied on. Review their total debt amount and state of residence. Check them out on social media, like Facebook or Linkedin.
You can build credibility by doing your homework and asking good questions. This preparation helps to build trust quickly.
- a nationally recognized debt relief company that just made the list at Inc.com for the Nation’s Fastest-Growing Companies.
- A+ Better Business Bureau rated
- #1 Rated Debt Relief Company by TrustedCompanyReviews
- 5-Star Rated on Google and ShopperApproved
-what we are looking for:
- Applicants with 2-4 years of experience in sales
- Applicants with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Applicants who can handle ambiguous and chaotic times with composure and while staying incredibly organized
- Applicants with emotional intelligence who can empathize with customers
- The type of person that realizes feedback is a gift
- Speech, debate, or door-to-door selling experience
- Applicants from the financial services and insurance industry
How to Start?
To apply for the job, email:
Sales Jobs Near Me
We’re hiring for sales positions in Hudson Valley, New York, West Palm Beach, Florida, and San Diego, California.
How Much Can Golden Financial Services Sales Executives Earn?
Sales executives at Golden Financial Services can earn between $6,500 to $10,000 per month on average. You get an hourly rate to start, but your commissions will begin to exceed this hourly rate shortly after. When your commissions exceed the hourly rate, you will be paid based on the commission amount. This is a W2 position.
What’s Different About GFS?
Unlike the typical debt settlement or consumer credit counseling jobs available, working at GFS allows you to offer multiple debt relief options. Consumers can choose from debt settlement, student loan consolidation, and debt validation programs.
To understand how our services are different from state to state, check out a few of our location pages. Visit GFS’s New York, California, Missouri, and Arkansas pages. Also, check us out on Trusted Company Reviews and see why we’re rated #1. Trusted Company Reviews provides the Top Ten Debt Relief Companies every year and illustrates a side by side comparison of each company and program.
Complete Golden Financial’s credit card debt relief product training and be ready to start enrolling clients in the program within 3-6 weeks. (depending on your experience)
Get paid training by an IAPDA certified expert.
How to Start?
To apply for the job, email:
(please do not call about this job, as our counselors are busy assisting consumers)
Is this a full-time sales job?
Yes, this is a full-time job.
If you’re looking to maximize your earnings, you can even work on Saturdays.
To apply for the job, email:
As a Debt Counselor, What is My Job?
Counselors at GFS teach consumers about their debt relief options.
You will first need to pull the consumer’s credit report, import the creditors into our program system, and then provide the consumer with their debt relief options.
If a consumer qualifies for a debt relief program, you will enroll them into the appropriate plan as a counselor.
The two best options available include an attorney-based debt settlement program and debt validation.
How do people find Golden Financial?
After searching for debt relief-related phrases, consumers find GFS online, like after Googling “Credit card debt consolidation” or “California / NY debt relief programs .”
Consumers will also get referred to our company regularly from sites like Yelp, Better Business Bureau, ShopperApproved, TrustedCompanyReviews.com, Google Places, and many other websites that rate Golden Financial Services as one of the Best Accredited Debt Settlement Companies.
What is the average commission earned?
The average debt amount enrolled in the program as of 2020 is $31,488.12. Therefore, the average commission earned for a debt counselor is $472.32 per sale. Debt counselors at Golden Financial Services are paid 1.5% of the total debt enrolled. In addition to the flat fee commission rate, bonuses are also paid monthly.
- gym membership
- retirement benefits including a Sep-IRA
- enjoy time off (as part of the monthly prizes for monthly team bonuses)
What Account Executives Love Most About Working at Golden Financial Services?
When we asked this question to our account executives — here were a few of their answers:
- “A comfortable working environment that allows for a stable income with room for growth.”
- “The opportunity to help people that are struggling financially.”
- “The gratification of being able to bring real-life solutions to people that are financially stressed and often hurting from life events, while working in a culture inspired by a team of people with a common vision.”
- “Defending consumers from the abusive practices of the banks and financial institutions really brings “Peter Pan-like” satisfaction especially after being a victim of their practices.”
- “I love being able to work at home. I get to work more hours, not having to drive in San Diego traffic every day!”
- “If you’re looking for the workplace where your co-workers will ALWAYS encourage, motivate, and inspire you to be your very best, you can be every day, look no further… It’s us, GFS!”
- “Everything is just top-notch, clients get the best service … sales executives get the best technology, from being able to text consumers, easily navigate from one software to another as it’s all integrated, click to dial … awesome leads, multiple options, honest people with strong ethics and morals, and I could go on and on here…Our CEO is so down to earth, and he cares so much about each of us, always paying close attention to what we need to be happy and how we can earn more income, providing solutions to our problems, promoting health and fitness by offering free gym memberships, always offering to buy us new equipment…”
Level of Education Required
You must be a high-school graduate, but no college degree is necessary. You don’t need to have experience in the debt relief industry either; in fact, we prefer hiring applicants with no experience in the debt relief industry. The most successful sales executives come from the insurance industry and have had past jobs where they’ve conducted door-to-door sales.
We will run your credit to check for collection accounts, bankruptcy, judgments, and any adverse credit. You can be rejected for employment due to these matters in accordance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
You will have to pass a background check. You can be rejected as an employee due to a misdemeanor or felony charge showing up. Traffic violations like speeding or parking tickets can be overlooked.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage women and all nationalities to apply. However, you must be fully proficient in the English Language.
Please email us a copy of your resume, but more importantly, tell us about you and your experience and goals. (Email us at Jobs@GoldenFS.org)