Golden Financial Services Scholarship
Golden Financial Services is pleased to announce two new scholarships for high school seniors and college students. With student loan debt at an all-time high, exceeding $1+ trillion, the goal of this scholarship is to make college more affordable for students.
As a debt relief company, our mission is to help consumers pay off debt. And as a country, to have a thriving economy in the future, today’s students need to be able to attend college. The subject matter of the contest also brings awareness to the students, illustrating to them what can happen when racking up more credit card debt than a person can afford to pay back.
Here’s the essay submitted by Marcus Alverde that won him the scholarship.
Golden Financial Services will award a total of $2,000 towards the 2020 scholarships, equal to $1,000 each.
Scholarship Application Deadlines:
First Scholarship Deadline:
- August 31st, 2020
Second Scholarship Deadline:
- May 30th, 2020
NOTE: After the deadline, there is a 30-day period for the applicants to rack up votes, and the winner will then get announced.
Here is where the voting takes place:
A panel of judges and the public will vote on the winner, ensuring all students have a fair chance to win.
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements:
A. High school seniors with a GPA of 3.2 or higher (requirement; the school must be in the United States)
B. College students already enrolled in an accredited 4-year university or college (requirement; college must be in the United States)
About Golden Financial Services (GFS)- the company offering these scholarships:
- GFS started providing debt settlement services in 2004 — the first debt settlement company in Florida — and now offers a full array of national debt relief programs.
- GFS specializes in helping people with “unsecured debt,” including credit cards and student loan debt.
- GFS has an “A+” BBB rating.
- GFS is also rated #1 for debt relief programs by Trusted Company Reviews
- GFS is on the Inc.com 5000 List of Most Successful Companies in 2019.
Paul Paquin, Golden Financial’s CEO says; “it’s important to give back so that our young students can excel to their fullest potential, and have the skills necessary to improve our country’s overall economic health.”
How To Apply For A College Scholarship:
To apply for a scholarship, students must come up with a new debt relief program to help consumers who are behind on their credit card payments. Your proposed plan must be different from the existing programs that are already available. View the Credit Card Debt Relief Programs that are already available. You can submit your proposed plan in the form of an online video, infographic, or essay.
**“ In the United States there is $15+ billion in delinquent credit card debt (people who are more than 90-days behind on credit card payments). Come up with a program to help consumers resolve their delinquent credit card debt.”**
Requirements for Submitting Your Scholarship Package
- Your proposed solution can be in the form of an online video, infographic or essay.
- Essays must be at least 750 words.
- Essays must be sent in Microsoft Word Format.
- The content MUST be original content (never been published anywhere else on the internet).
- Include an author bio and author picture. Your author bio will be published online (similar to how Wes’s author bio appears here) and connected to your essay. The top articles will be published in the Golden Financial Services blog – giving each applicant national exposure – so submit your best work!
- Include a Cover Letter illustrating your full name, college or high school, college year, graduating year and intended major. In your cover letter, explain how you plan to use the scholarship and why we should select you as the winner.
- The winner of the scholarship must provide a picture id and proof that you are attending college.
- See an example of a past winner by clicking here
Where to Submit Your Application:
SUBMIT DOCUMENTS & APPLICATION: firstname.lastname@example.org
(ESSAY’S MUST BE IN MICROSOFT WORD SO THAT GFS CAN EASILY REPUBLISH IT ON BLOG /// IF YOU ARE SENDING A VIDEO, PLEASE SEND THE ORIGINAL VIDEO FILE SO THAT GFS CAN UPLOAD TO ITS YOUTUBE /// SEND EMBED CODE FOR INFOGRAPHIC OR IMAGES IN JPEG)
Golden Financial Services will award two scholarships, equal to; $1,000 each
CORPORATE LOCATION: Golden Financial Services, 21 Poplar Street, Cornwall, NY 12518
(Call or Text Paul Paquin if you have any questions regarding the Golden Financial Services Scholarships at 619-840-4626)
Learn how existing debt relief programs work so that you can try to invent your own unique plan.
Here’s a directory of existing programs:
- Arizona debt relief plans
- California debt relief programs
- New York debt relief options are a bit different
- Alabama just came out with a new debt relief program
- New Mexico has hardship debt relief programs
- Here is one of the most popular programs, called debt negotiation
- Here’s how debt validation works, which can be the least expensive route to resolving credit card debt
- Consumers can also consolidate credit card debt as explained here